1. Description: My Business identity project is for an Orthodontic Dental Office. My husband owns this place and I wanted to make another option from what he has now. I had fun because it is something I am really familiar with and also closed to.
2. Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles): I used Illustrator to create the logo. I had other 3 options , however My classmates and husband helped me to choose the one. I did the tooth with the same process and tools that I used with the circled maze. It turned our as I wanted so I was really surprised (I had never done anything like this before).I then used In Design to create the three documents. I followed instructios for sizing, and fonts. I read the Contrast Elements oages from the FOCUS visual book. I tried to work on the five principles; Formulate my plan, Organize it, Contrasting the elements, Unifying the logo and the information, and Simplying but trying to make it simple .
3. Critique Report: I met with a tutor to ask for his critique. I was able to make my project better with all his suggestions. After the critique session, I decided to make the logo bigger, to make my bullets as a tooth, to add my tooth with opacity at 15% and with some inclination. I loved this because it is like why people go to the ortho, to make their tooth more straight.
3. Message: I wanted to send a message to people that it is a clinic where people can attend to get thier crowding teeth by an especialist. If you want braces, thats the correct place!
4. Audience:people who need their teeth to get their teeth straighten and fixed
5. Top Thing Learned:Using In Design (some really helpful shortcuts and things that were different in Illustrator and Photoshop). Use Illustrator and make a tooth with the tools.
6. Color scheme and color names: I went with ANALOGOUS: Blue and teal
7. Title Font Name & Category: Klint
8. Copy Font Name & Category:Garamond
1. Description: My montage project is about one of my favorite talks from President Uchtdorf. It is about My true identity. He teachers that we should know where we come from, who we really are, and know that we are divine. He tells the story of the uggly duckling and invites us to see our tru reflection like a swan.
2. Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles): I used photoshop to edit my nackground image,added filters, I adjust the vibrance and colors. Then I added my second picture and use opacity, paintbrush , lasso tools. I focused on allignment, typograhpy, color scheme, as some of the principles.
3. Critique Report: I met with a tutor to ask for his critique. I was able to make my project better with all his suggestions. After the critique session, I decided to reduce my quote, edit my background image, add filters, work with my text.
3. Message: I wanted to send a message to people that are not secure about themselfs, they need to increase their self steam and knowing that we are created by a mighty God is strong enough for me to remember I can see my true reflection when I´m feeling discourage.
4. Audience:Christian people with low self steam, and people who need to remember who they truly are.
5. Top Thing Learned: Adding filters, how to improve integrating photos as a one.
6. Color scheme and color names: I went with complementary, blue and orange.
7. Title Font Name & Category: Monotype Corsiva
8. Copy Font Name & Category:Calisto MT
9. Source of each image (website name and hyper link): lds.org
10. Thumbnails of original, unedited images used in the project:
Hello, here is my video: ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFDjwAz27Jkh
By using photography and design skills, create a project that encompasses a consistent color scheme from the image.
PROCESS (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles)
The steps that I followed in my process were:
- I decided what picture I wanted to use (form the ones I took).
- I decided what color scheme wanted to use.
- I watch the tutorials several times until I was able to follow step by step. I changed the levels, the vibrance, the color, and I added some sharpness.
- I created an 8.5 x 11 inches document in Photoshop. Then I dragged my photo in it and started designing.
- I added some rectangles and text and try to align them by using the guides and then I tried to keep the flow.
I met with Helaman Higley and Adam Harper for my critique via <adobe Connect. Their critique helped me a lot. They taught me several important things I didn’t know so I found this meeting very meaningful. Previously to that I watched the critique video from the instructor and made notes of the tips he gave me. So then I started following every advice. I changed the typography of the words time and shine, also the color and the size. This was in order to emphasize them.
Facebook Critiques: Chelsie Breanne who also helped me a lot. She taught me how to add outline glow. And gave me more advice too which I followed very carefully.
This is your time to shine. I chose this sentence because for me it’s what the flower does, it stands above and shines.
Those who enjoy nature and brightness.
TOP THING LEARNED
To take Focus pictures, to use Photoshop (it is the first well besides from last assignment, the frist time I use it). The importance of meeting with tutors, get critique.
COLOR SCHEME & COLOR NAMES
complementary // gold and blue
I also share my original picture!
this is my link to my presentation.
Create an instructional presentation using the Prezi software to demonstrate it’s features and capabilities.
PROCESS (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles)
As I have never used Prezzi before, I struggled a lot with the presentation. However, I tried to follow the instructions carefully. First, I went through the tutorials and took notes. Then I saw more examples with my classmates presentations. Finally I watched the critique video to try to get advice from there.
then I decided the topic I wanted to do it about. I then went to my own pictures, and then google more images. I saved all of them in a specific folder.
I then created my own presentation using the prezzi software. I tried to follow the Focus principles and color schemes.
- Description: In order to be able to creat my very first fliey in my life, I prepared myself. I read the examples and watch the tutorials in order to be ready to create it. I first made my sketches so I could place my ideas and get improve them. I made an effort to follow every advice!
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles): I used Adobe In Design program in orer to be able to create it. I liked it because it is really helpfull, the tools it has helps a lot.
- Message: I worked on checking spelling and grammar of the message
- Audience: I kept in mind that I needed to create the flier for young adults to try to attain their goals and necessities.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned that this is not easy but it is worthy and we need to imporive everytime.
- Title Font Name & Category: Graduate is the tittle, Font I used raleway and baskerville.
- Links to images used in this project: I used the images in the links:
The video of my Flier: https://youtu.be/6hbUTQp79DU
Hello everyone. I’m Carmen García. I am excited but at the same time afraid about this class. I am totally unexperienced on design, viasual media etc. I have even spend the whole day trying to make this blog page and I have had a bad time. However, I’m here now. I’m from Mexico, I live in Pachuca, Hidalgo. I hope you understand me in the video .